Wednesday, July 14, 2010

~Hawaii - Day 8~

Today was checkout day from the hotel. Our flight home wasn't leaving until 9:00 that night, so we decided to make it a day away from the beach since we didn't have a room to go back to. The first thing we did was go to Pearl Harbor. We went on the USS Bowfin (a submarine) which was really cool. I don't think that I could ever live on a sub, I was getting kind of chlosterphobic just being on the sub. We also went out on the Arizona Memorial which was sobering. It really made me appreciate all the men and women who have and who are now serving our country.


After our visit to the Arizona Memorial, we headed up to the Dole Plantation. The main reason I wanted to go there was to get some pineapples, but when I saw how much they would cost I had second thoughts :) So we came home from Hawaii without pineapples. We did have fun taking pictures around the grounds though. And we enjoyed a yummy pineapple dessert.


Coming home was bitter sweet for the both of us. We couldn't wait to see our kids (we missed them so much), but at the same time we didn't want to leave Hawaii. We had so much fun together, and now have to get back to reality. But all I can say is that we had a very memorable 10th anniversay. I love you Dave!!!!

2 comments:

The Ballard's said...

This has been fun. I have enjoyed each post & that they were all individual. It was fun for me to come home each night and see what "we" did on our trip. I had a great time & I love Dave too:)

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Have to say I feel the same as Angie!!! We did have a GREAT time! I'm so excited to go back!!! You guys look like you had a blast!!!