Wednesday, July 14, 2010

~Hawaii - Day 5~

All growing up, family vacations were jam packed with activities. My Dad ran us from sun up to sun down. So I guess I still have that in me, that vacations are supposed to be packed full of activities. Well, today I was kicking myself for that. Planning this trip, I thought I had spread things out and left a lot of room to relax, but this morning waking up Dave and I were EXHAUSTED!!! In fact, if I hadn't already booked and paid for the activities planned for today, we just would have bagged it and slept the whole day. But I had already booked it, so off we went to go scuba diving and parasailing. When we got there and were actually diving (we did that first) we had a blast! Dave is certified, but I am not. I did go scuba diving on a family trip to Cancun years ago, so I knew what to expect. Well, on this particular dive you didn't have to be certified. The instructor gave us a brief lesson and down we went. He was with us the whole time. We saw some cool fish and colorful corral. It was fun to be on the ocean floor checking things out. The one thing that we didn't that we wanted to were some turtles (I guess it was a good thing we saw some earlier in the week). We went about 30 feet down on the dive and was underwater for about 30 minutes. After our dive, we went striaght to parasailing. It was awesome! It was also one of my favorite things of the trip. We went out on a boat and from the boat they hooked us all up to the parachute and then up we went. The two other pairs with us got dunked in the water once. Either before or after they went up in the air. But Dave and I got dunked twice. Once at the beginning and once at the end of our flight :) We were up in the air for about 10 minutes. It was so peaceful up in the sky, and was cool to see to the bottom of the ocean from the air. I would totally do it again!!!

That night we ate at the Cheeseburger Beachwalk, which was really yummy. Then went for a walk along Waikiki beach, to see it at night.

That night there was fireworks on the beach, which we did not know. We were sitting in our room and heard loud booms outside. We couldn't actually see the fireworks from our room, but we could see their reflection on the building outside our room. So we ran to the roof of our building and saw the tail end of the fireworks :)

At least we got to check out the pool that was on the roof.

No comments: