Wednesday, July 14, 2010

~Hawaii - Day 6~

So since we were EXHAUSTED from all of the activities we'd done so far, we totally took it easy today. We layed around most of the morning, went and did some laundry, then went and saw the blowhole and went to play at Sandy Beach (or should I say drown at Sandy Beach).

At the blowhole

Dave is the guy in the blue swimshirt. Notice how big the wave was above his head.

So I was a little leary about getting in the water. All I saw were men in the water, and I saw how the waves were knocking them over. I thought I'd ease into it, so I started by just going in up to my knees. Well, I got knocked over several times because the waves were so strong. I eventually dared to go in a little further, but that didn't last very long because I was immediately knocked down by a wave, and thrown against the ground, then pushed up to shore, and pulled back out to the water. I felt like I'd been beaten up. I had sand everywhere. After that I just sat on the beach and watched Dave get thrown around by the waves. He thought it was great!!!

Dave is the guy in the blue, bodysurfing (to the left of the surfer)
Sandy Beach was a lot of fun, but Dave and I are still picking sand out of our ears :)
Dave relaxing on the balcony after a hard day at the beach :).

No comments: