Monday, July 26, 2010

~Grays River~

This past weekend we went camping with some of our good friends, the Fullmers, up to the Grays River. The kids had a blast floating down the river on tubes, watching a movie outside on the projector, riding 4 wheelers and dirt bikes, playing Bingo, fishing, and just being in the great outdoors.The whole group minus Randee.

This year Tayleur brought her boyfriend Andrew, Marc brought his girlfriend Randee, so Mckell thought she'd bring her boyfriend Dr. Smith, lol.
One day the Fullmers went up to Jackson Hole to run the Snake River. Since Mckell and Lexi couldn't do that, we decided to spend the day at camp riding 4 wheelers and playing around camp and then we met Fullmers in Jackson Hole for some shopping and dinner.


The kids spent every minute they could playing in the river.

So if you remember our camping trip at the first of the summer when Dave burnt his leg really bad on the dirt bike, well he promised me this time when he rode his bike he would wear pants. I saw him get on his bike for a ride several times (in shorts). I reminded him put on pants, but he told me he would be careful, ya right. Well, he and Kevin went for a ride and Dave came back all bloody. I guess they were on a really steep mountain and Dave put one of his bike pegs through his leg. I was not the most supportive wife because all I said was that I didn't feel bad for him at all. He should have listened to me and put pants on. (Later on that night I felt bad because I should have been more caring) It was funny though, to see Kevin try and clean up Dave's leg. I teased him when he got out the rubber gloves that Dave didn't have a disease. :)
Dr. Kevin with his rubber gloves. They figured that Dave may need stitches so he headed down to Alpine to see if he could find a clinic open. While he was gone, the rest of us went on a tubing trip down the river.

Mckell is Dave's little fishing buddy. She LOVES to fish.

So this trip ended with a bang, literally. I guess it was the lack of communication between Dave and I. As we were backing up the camper, we were placing these little blocks under the camper. They were placed and I thought Dave knew just to go back a little bit, but he was watching for me to tell him when to stop. Well, he ended up busting through our fence. Oops!

1 comment:

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

So, don't tell Dave, but I am laughing out loud about his leg and about the fence. That is so something I would do, is not tell Bart when to stop, thinking he knew. And I would feel the same way about the motorcycle incident!!! Poor Dave!!!!