Saturday, November 5, 2011

Look Who's 3!

My baby girl is 3! I felt really bad for Lexi this birthday. As I said in my last post. I've been really sick because of this pregancy and I started throwing up about a week before Lexi's birthday. So I felt bad that I didn't go all out for her birthday, but I'm sure glad both of her grandma's stepped up and made here birthday GREAT! I'm sure they probaby thought I was a slacker, because neither of them knew I was pregnant at the time, or that I was sick. I just said I wasn't feeling so well, so I'm sure they were wondering why I wasn't doing more for her birthday, lol. I had good reasons.
Since Darinda, Jocelyn, and Lexi's birthdays are only a few days apart we did a big birthday party for the 3 of them. We had last swim party of the year, dinner, and roller skating up at Jerry and Darinda's house. Darinda bought all the grandkids rollerskates, so they had fun learning to skate on the basketball court. There were many falls, but it was a good thing grandpa had his high jump mats out, so the kids had something soft to land on when they fell :)A few weeks before Lexi's birthday, Darinda and Lexi were at the grocery store and they went over by the birthday cakes. Lexi saw a cookie monster cake and wanted that for her birthday. Darinda was so sweet and got it for her. Lexi loved it!
The next evening we celebrated Lexi's birthday with the Wangsgards. My mom did the dinner and everything, I provided the game, lol. That was easy. We played the candy bar game, which is one of our families favorites.
Although, after playing I realized that Lexi hasn't played it before because she wasn't very happy when the candybars were no longer on the table. She didn't realize that the game was still going and you got to take candy bars from other people, lol. She had a bit of a melt down :)
Once we got her calmed down, she enjoyed the rest of the game :) Happy Birthday Lexi! I can't believe you are 3 already. Time goes by way to fast!

No comments: