Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

I LOVE that at the kids school they get to dress up for Halloween and have a parade through the school in their costumes (their last school didn't do that). My kids have had their costumes picked out since the beginning of the summer. Hunter was going to be Harry Potter, Mckell was going to be Cruella Deville, and Lexi was going to be whatever I put her in. She is easy. We had all the costumes ready, which was good, because me being sick there was no way I was going to try to put together anything. So I felt pretty good about Halloween. Well, that was until a couple of days before Halloween. Hunter decided he wanted to be something scary, and Mckell decided she wanted to be a vampire. I told them both no, they were going to be what they originally planned. But 2 days before Halloween, I had to go to Walmart and get one thing for Mckell's costume that we'd forgotten, and I caved. I let Mckell get a vampire dress and be a vampire. Hunter thought this was totally unfair, because I was still making him be Harry Potter. And to be honest it was really unfair, but Grandpa Ropelato made a special trip in New York to get Hunter the Harry Potter tie, so I told him that was what he was going to be :) Also, Hunter had a 3rd grade program right after the Halloween parade and he was playing the part of Alford Hitchcock, and I thought the Harry Potter costume went well with what he was suposed to wear for Alford Hitchcock. So for the school parade Hunter was Harry Potter, Mckell was a vampire, and Lexi was Snow White.

Mckell with her first grade class. I LOVE that her teacher is always taking pictures of the kids and sending them to us parents in a slideshow. These are some of those pictures. Such cute backgrounds.

After the Halloween parade, the 3rd grade put on a Halloween program. It was sooo cute. The program was called "Ghostilocks and the 3 Vampires" The kids sang cute Halloween songs, they had fun parts, and they even danced to the music. Hunter had a really long part as Alford Hitchcock, and he did an excellent job. We were all so proud of him.
Hunter had quite the support group there to watch him. Of course, Dave, Lexi, and I were there. But he also had his Grandma and Grandpa Wangsgard and Grandma Ropelato there to see his part. He is so lucky to have such GREAT grandparents who always are there to support him with his activities!!!!

No comments: