Monday, August 31, 2009

~My Baby Is Walking~

So it is official. Lexi took her first steps today! She had been walking around our coffee table and pushing a stroller for over a month now, but today she took her first steps without holding onto anything. Woot! Woot! My baby is growing up :(

She got so excited when we were all clapping and shouting for her, that everytime she would take a few steps she'd stop and clap. (She's been clapping for a few days now, since we saw Kell dance at the Football game.)

Walking at 11 months old! Doesn't she look so proud of herself:) As parents, we get so excited for the first steps, but a week later hate it because now the chasing begins.

4 comments:

The Ballard's said...

You are exactly right. Congrats & GOOD LUCK. I remember when Gracie's friends were all walking and she was content to sit right down and say an entire sentence instead.

Kristin said...

Happy and sad all at the same time. Happy they're growing, sad they're growing. I know the feeling...kate will be walking soon. Good luck with the chasing.

Brax said...

I can't believe how time flies. She is too little to be walking, isn't she? It's fun to see them grow and do new things. :)

Dawn said...

that last comment was from me. I just updated Braxton's blog and so was signed in as him. :) oops.