Monday, September 7, 2009

~Labor Day Weekend/Smeding Reunion~

For over 30 years now, my mom's side of the family get together over Labor Day weekend for a camping trip/family reunion. It all started with my Grandma and Grandpa Smeding with their kids and My Grandma's Brother Max and his family. It is alot of fun, and we look forward to it every year. Originally, we always went up to Afton, Wyoming to camp. That is where my Grandma Smeding and Uncle Max grew up. But over the years, we made our reunion closer to home. We go up to North Fork to camp.
Over this weekend we have fun hitting the pinata, playing Capture the Flag, doing a fish pond, playing several relay games, getting a horse ride, and sitting around the fire visiting.
Hunter and Mckell getting ready for the paper airplane throw.
Hunter won the paper airplane throw. His airplane flew the farthest. He won a box of Reese's Pieces (my favorite)
Dave and Hunter pairing up for the egg toss.

Me in the bubble blowing contest (I don't think I even got an actual bubble)
Dave was quite the chef up camping. He cooked the marinated chicken, corn on the cob, and egg omlets for breakfast. I guess that's what happens when you've got camping equipment :)

Hunter's prize from the fish pond.

Lexi hitting the cute spider pinata.



No comments: