Monday, August 10, 2009

~2nd trip to Browne Lake~

At the beginning of the summer, we went on a camping trip to Browne Lake with Dave's side of the family. This time we went with my side of the family. When we went in June, it was still a little bit chilly, and being August I thought forsure it would be warmer. Boy was I wrong!

The first day up there, it rained off and on all day. When we arrived at camp, it was beautiful. Blue skys, lots of sunshine; that is until we finished up setting up camp. As soon as we got everything set up, a storm blew in and it rained cats and dogs. It is a good thing our camper has an awning, because everything went under there; camping chairs, play pen, dirt bikes, you name it. It was amazing how much stuff we crammed under the awning. So we spent a few hours inside the camper playing card games, which was a lot of fun.














We spent the trip riding 4 wheelers, fishing (but didn't catch a thing), sitting around the camp fire telling scary stories, going on walks, etc. It was a very enjoyable trip.




We saw huge trout in the water, but they were not biting our bait, so Dave thought he'd have better luck if he got out into the water. It didn't work :)


Our new little campers! The last camping trip we went on, Lexi did not do good at all. She cried all night long, could be because she had a fever but I wasn't sure if it was because she wanted her own bed. So I was really nervous, but she did great. I was also nervous about bringing our new dog Marley. Up to this point, I was getting up with him 3 times a night, but he slept through the entire night camping. Halleluia! He stayed in camp, didn't bark, he was perfect! I was shoked at how easy he was.

Mckell was our little dish washer.

It was fun to get away with my side of the family. Next year hopefully my brother Mitch, and brother and sister in law, Richard and Cassie will be able to come too.

No comments: