Monday, August 24, 2009

~Hunter's 1st Day of School~


Well, it's official. My baby is now in the First Grade. I can't believe how old he is getting. He is really excited about school this year. He actually has the same First Grade teacher that I had, Mrs. Hill. How funny is that! She is even still in the same classroom that I had her in years ago. Hunter says that she is very nice, and he loves school. Infact, he told me that he can't wait until his first long day of school (they have short days the first 3 days of school). We'll see how long he feels this way :)
Hunter and his friend Rexton, heading off to the bus stop.


This is them, last year, on the first day of school. I can't beleive how much they've grown :) They look like boys now, not like toddlers.


Hunter getting off the bus. (he's still too young to care that I met him at the bus stop and am taking pictures of him :)
I hate to admit this, but I had a really hard time to day having Hunter gone. I thought about him all day long, wondering if he made any new friends in his class, if he was eating all of his school lunch, if he knew where the first grade bathroom was. I have really loved having my kids home over the summer, but I know he is glad to be back in school and I know that he is in good hands:)

2 comments:

The Ballard's said...

It does go too fast. What a good mom. I forgot to take pictures, ran around yelling & Gracie went home with a friend :( Good news is, there is always next year.

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

So, just FYI...I just stole this picture you have of Hunter and Rexton together to add to my blog - thanks a bunch!!!