Monday, August 13, 2012

~Our House Is Sold~

Back in November, when we decided that we were going to build a new home, we also decided that we would not sale our existing home until we were moved into the new one.  At the time, I didn't know if that was a dumb choice or not. I was still so sick from my pregnancy and really could have cared less about cleaning my house.  Plus, Lexi is at the stage where she feels that all her toys need to be out and played with, so the house is never clean.  I really didn't want to have to worry about realators showing up to show the house and it not being clean (I remember the horrors of that experience when my parents were trying to sale the home I grew up in).  So we put saleing our home at the bottom of our to-do list.

A few months ago, I had a sweet neighbor call me up and ask if our house had already been sold. We had had several people tell us that they would be interested or that they knew of someone who was interested in buying the house when we were ready, but like I said saleing the house wasn't on our to- do list right then.  I told her of our decision not to sale it until we had moved into the new house.  She asked if she and her husband could just come take a look at it.  They came (I made sure the house was clean) and a few days later called and said that they wanted to buy the house.  We came up with the agreement that we could stay in the house until our house was ready to move into.  We'd just pay them rent until that time.

So our house was sold, without going through realators and having the headache of having to pay double house payments until this house sold.  I know this was a HUGE blessing.  To be honest, the day we closed on the house I got a bit teary eyed.  This has really been a good house with lots of good memories. When each of our kids were born this is where they came home, they've taken their first steps here (minus Garrett), they've made their friends here. This is home.  I'm really going to miss it.

We have the BEST neighbors!  They help take our garbage to the curb on garbage day, have mowed our lawn when they know Dave's been out of town for work, have snowblowed our driveway when we've had a big snowstorm, they've shared food they've grown in their gardens with us.  We have great neighbors!  It's funny, I know we are staying in the same neighborhood and in the same ward, but I am really going to miss my neighbors. I really think they are the reason our house sold so quickly.  We have the best neighborhood, which is why we are building in it.  When we decided to build a house, we could have moved anywhere.  However, we didn't want to leave our neighborhood.  People in surrounding wards are constantly asking what it is with our ward?  People in our neighborhood play musical houses.  There have been about 10 families that have moved within our ward boundaries.  I know it is because of the people of this ward.  They are GREAT!  Everyone is so friendly, helpful, and giving.  When I've been sick with pregancys or when I had to have my kidney removed, the people of the ward totally stepped in and took care of my family.  They brought in meals, took my kids to school and church, did my girls hair, came in and cleaned my house, etc.  It is a great place to raise your kids, with great people who are like family.

So we are officially renters.  It is bitter sweet.  I love my old house and will miss it, but am excited to move into the new one and make new memories with my family there.
The kids infront of our old house.

2 comments:

Ofelia Bertrand said...

It is hard to move from one place to another, especially if your neighbors treat you like family. But I think you made a good decision to move to a house near your former place. Your dear friends and neighbors can still visit you there. It also helps that one of them bought that house. I’m pretty sure they will take good care of it, knowing how much you loved and cherished your old residence.

rocketmarketingpro2019 said...

I've read your blog. Wrote a lot of beautiful. Ours have a website for Home sell, please visit for details https://www.webuycharlottenc.com/sell-my-house-fast-in-indian-trail/