Monday, August 13, 2012

~End of Summer Pool Party~

I think the kids have started a neighborhood tradition.  For the last 3 years we have had an end of summer pool party the week before school was about to start back up.  My kids really look forward to this, and I hear that the neighborhood kids do too.  It is fun to get together, kids of all ages to play together in the pool.  I enjoy chatting with the moms :)
For the last 2 weeks, our family has been watching the olympics every night.  I know we weren't the only family doing this because the kids started their own Olympic events.  For one, they'd do tricks off of the diving board while others scored them on the trick.  Then they moved onto the volleyball game, and even played their version of water polo :)  I'm glad they were having fun.
We are so lucky that Darinda and Jerry will let us keep having a party at their place.  My kids love showing all their friends what a fun yard their grandparents have.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

it is a fun yard....so glad they do share :)