Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

My kids were both so excited to start school this year. For Hunter, it was because he was starting a new school. For Mckell, it was just being back to school making friends. We changed schools this year to go to the same school that most of our neighborhood goes too, which made me super nervous for Hunter and Mckell today. All day long, I worried if they had made any friends in their classes, if they found their way around the new school OK, and if they would remember where they were supposed to meet me for pick up after school. I really didn't need to worry because they were fine and absolutely LOVED their first day of school.
The day started off with pictures then a run up to the street for the neighborhood "Back to School Breakfast". The kids loved getting doughnuts and visiting with friends before heading off to school. What a fun tradition!

Mckell really enjoyed her first day in the First grade. She said her teacher is super nice, she made lots of new friends (although she can't remember any of their names, lol), she LOVED school lunch, and she couldn't wait to show me the song she had learned in sign language.

Hunter also had a GREAT first day. He also said he really liked his new teacher, he made some new friends, and he liked playing a fun basketball game called "Revenge"out at recess. He was beaming from ear to ear when he told me that he was doing so good in a shooting contest that another boy came up to him and said,"Hunter you are a really good shooter! Let's be friends" I think that comment made his day :)
So I really didn't need to worry today. The kids did great, and they even remembered where I was picking them up. I think it is going to be a great school year :).

No comments: