Thursday, November 26, 2009

~Our Family Elf, Fred~


Last year my mom gave the kids an "Elf on the Shelf" It is a cute little elf and a book telling about how he is in our home to watch and see if the kids are doing what they should. Every night he returns to the North Pole to report to Santa on our kids. Then each morning the kids need to look to see where he is hiding because he moves to a different spot each night. On Christmas Eve he returns home to the North Pole for the remainder of the year and then returns after Thanksgiving each year. Well, he returned tonight and brought presents with him. Yea!!!
We were just getting ready to watch a Christmas movie this evening when we had a knock at the door. The kids ran to see who it was and found a basket full of presents, wrapping paper, bows, Christmas candy, and our Elf Fred with a note. The kids were sooooo excited!

There were presents for all of us. We all got new Christmas P.J's, and the kids all got Holiday shirts.


Don't we look festive in our Christmas P.J.'s?
Fred showing up just topped off a great day. We ate Thanksgiving lunch at my mom and dads house, then we went and saw a movie. I think that is going to be a fun Thanksgiving day tradition that we are going to continue each year :) I love spending time with my family, and I think it is so fun starting up new traditions.

6 comments:

Gracie said...

Love the jammie pictures. That is a wonderful idea.
--Angela

Kristin said...

What a cute idea...I guess I'll be going out and getting that book. Sounds so cute. We may start this next year.

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Sooooo cute!!!! We need to get the kids together to play! Rexton has been asking when he can play with Hunter!!! You probably already know that Andrea and I copied the idea, except for some reason ours ended up as the Christmas Mouse, and I hadn't heard about the book and the elf!!! I also love the old pics of McKell and her hair! I forgot how funny that was!!!!!

Natalie said...

My sister does that too! It keeps her kids at their best knowing that "Jack" is watching and will let Santa know how they're behaving. How fun...I think you got the better elf though who brings gifts. What a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit!

Trichelle said...

What a FUN idea. I think I might need to steal this fun idea.

Dawn said...

fun times! Love the jammies! :) Love Traditions too!