Wednesday, November 4, 2009

~Family Pictures~

I don't think that Dave and I have had professional family photos taken since our wedding. I know that is sad, since we are going to be coming up on our 10 year anniversary this next year. After seeing the cute family pictures our uncle and aunt had taken, we decided it was time to get ours taken. And I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.We had the cutest photographer, Shay Voorhees. She was soooo good with the kids and had the coolest spot to take some fun family pictures. She even came back for a follow-up shoot because Lexi was done taking pictures for the night, and I still wanted to get some pictures with her and Mckell in these little tutus that I made. Now what photographer do you know would come back another night to take more pictures, and not charge you for it. I haven't heard of any. I totally recommend her to everyone!!!
I LOVE this picture of Hunter sitting on an old rusted car. He thought it was cool, especially because the car next to him had had the windows shot out. :) Boys!!!
Love this picture and how the sun is glistening off Mckell's hair.

So if you remember the story of the last time I got Lexi' s pictures taken, you'll understand how nervous I was this time with getting her pictures taken. She cried a bit and didn't want to sit in the tall grass, but you'd have never guessed it with the pictures Shay got of her :) And Shay came prepared with a stuffed dog, that Lexi absolutely loved (as you can see). And what are the odds that the stuffed animal Shay had brought with her would match Lexi's outfit.
Sisters!!!! I love this picture of the two of them in their matching outfits!!! It is sooo fun to have girls :)
These are only a few of the pictures Shay took. I had such a hard time deciding on which ones to get because so many turned out wonderful. Before we had even seen our pictures, Dave and I decided on a limit that we would spend for pictures. Well I kind of went over that limit because I loved all the pictures :) And after all, it had been almost 10 years since our last pictures, I think I was entitled to splurge :)
If you want to check out some of the other pictures taken check out Shay's Blog at http://photographybyshay.com/blog/2009/10/ropelato-take-ii-utah-family-photographer/

6 comments:

Shay Voorhees said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments, Natalie! I really enjoyed photographing your darling, darling family. :)

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Natalie, the pictures are so cute!!! I love them! Also darling Halloween pictures! They are all so cute!

The Ballard's said...

I love the pictures. They are fantastic. You were right on, they were the kids great-grandparents. You are so funny.

Dawn said...

I love them all. I'm so glad that you had Shay and I hope more people will use her too. I love Shay! All your pictures are great!

Natalie said...

They turned out so good! You're family is so cute!

Trichelle said...

they turned out so good. when ever i recommend her or my other friend, i do usually like to warn that even though looking at pricing you will spend a lot more than you think. When the photographer is so good and gets so many shots how can you not want them all?!! I LOVE THEM and Great job SHAY!