Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a Good Son-In-Law

Last Saturday, my Dad asked Dave if he would come and help take the shingles off of one of his rentals. Being the good son-in-law that he is, Dave said yes. I think an hour into it Dave regretted saying he'd help :) The rental was an older house, so I guess the shingles were really hard to get off, not to mention they were 4 layers thick. But Dave was a trooper, he even kept working after falling through the roof of the garage. :) I wish I could have seen that. lol. By the time he got home (which was way after it had gotten dark) He was completely black and could barely walk. I know this really made Dave glad that he has a desk job. :)


This picture doesn't do justice to how dirty Dave was.



But I guess I didn't have much sympathy for him (even though I should have) cuz I made him get up on the roof a couple days later to take down our Christmas lights. WHAT A MEAN WIFE!

3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

He is a good son-in-law. And really, the lights, you can't feel bad about that, it is April. LOL. I can't even get Mike to put lights up. YOU ROCK DAVE!!

Starley Family said...

Ya Dave's a keeper. Don't feel too bad Nat. I can think of plenty of times you have been supermom and wife and daughter-in-law so it all equals out. Something about taking care of Dave when you've both been sick...
Good for you for posting the nice things Dave does. It's inspirational.

Phelps Family said...

That is pretty funny! I'm sure you are not a mean wife! You're family is so cute! --- Looks like you had fun in Disneyland. We are headed there in June, you'll have to let me know what you're favorites were, so we can make sure we don't miss out on anything!