Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mckell


My little tax baby (she was born on April 15) just turned 4! Time goes by sooo fast. It seems like just yesterday she was a baby :( We absolutely LOVE having Mckell in our family. She has such a fun personality, she is always smiling, and she is not afraid of anything or anyone. She will talk to people at the grocery store, at Dave's work, and she is never afraid to go downstairs to her room alone (Hunter won't though). She is my little helper. She likes to feed Lexi for me, unload the dishwasher, sweep the floors, and fold the laundry. And she gives the BEST hugs and kisses. We love her to death!

The past few months Mckell has been asking if she could have a birthday party with her friends, and me being a softy, I told her she could. She decided to have a princess party. We made princess wands out of big pixie sticks, made castles out of sugar wafers, played a balloon relay, ate pizza while watching a princess cartoon, and played find Cinderella's lost slipper. The kids had a lot of fun. Some came dressed up as princesses, and we had costumes for those that didn't. It was a very fun party, if I do say so myself :)
Mckell has the cutest friends! We had 3 friends missing, so we'll have to have them over to make wands another time :)

So this was not the only party Mckell had, we had another one for family. I figured since we'd had pizza the night before that I would go all out and grill marinated pork, make cheesy potatoes, have rolls, corn, and fruit. It was delicious. My mom made rice krispy treat ice cream cones. The were really cool looking. I should have taken a picture (I guess I wasn't thinking)
This is Mckell's cake. It is a rice krispy treat princess crown (if you couldn't tell).

6 comments:

Trichelle said...

What a fun party!! She's such a little doll. I might be stealing some of your fun party ideas. Ivy's set on having a princess party this year.

The Ballard's said...

I am loving Hunter's Costume for the party. Too fun.

Dawn said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! It looked like every little kids dream come true!

Anonymous said...

I love her little party!! Parker takes hip hop at the Dance Establishment in Plain City..he loves it! How have you been!!

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Such cute pictures!!! I love being able to look at your blog to see the pictures of my kids!!!! Ha ha!

Starley Family said...

K I totally have to have you show me how to make rice krispie treats. I swear I follow the directions everytime verbatim but...somehow I end up with crystalized cereal...you amaze me girl. Oh and happy birthday Kells!