Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Home Christian!

My little brother, Christian, just returned home from the England, Birmingham Mission. Now many of you are probably thinking "Didn't he just leave?" And the answer is Yes he did. He's only been out for about 2 months, but last week he had a seizure in his sleep, so they sent him home to have tests done so they can figure out why he had the seizure. He is being very positive about the whole thing, even though I know he'd rather still be in England. They have given him a year window to get the OK from a doctor that everything is OK and he will go back out on his mission. He did get to have his 1st baptism the day before he left, so that is pretty awesome!
Christian was supposed to be home Monday evening at 8:30, but his flight got delayed in New Jersey, so he was expected to arrive in Utah at 2:05 a.m. Of course the whole family went down to pick him up :) yes, even my kids. But he didn't actually get there until after 3:00 a.m. We didn't make it home until after 5:00 a.m. and my kids were up the entire time! And then being the mean mother I am :) I still made them go to school that morning on 3 hrs. of sleep.
It was really good to see Christian, even though we'd rather not have for 2 more years, but I know the Lord sees the big picture so we just need to put our trust in him.

The airport was completely empty, except for the security guards, so my kids had fun running around playing in the wheelchairs. My brother Richard even taught them to go up the escalator the wrong direction. I'm not sure I was to thrilled about that :)



We had Welcome Home posters and balloons, we wanted to make his homecoming memorable.



Doesn't Dave look thrilled to be up in the middle of the night :) And yes my kids are in their p.j.'s.


I'm not sure my kids really understood what was going on because on the way home Hunter said, "Mom, that 2 years went by really fast!" When Christian had left Hunter said that he didn't want to go on a mission because 2 years is a long time, but I think now he does because 2 years was fast :)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope they can find out what's wrong. I'm sure he wants to get back out there. He got a taste of it anyway. We'll keep him in our prayers.

~Angie~ said...

Holy cow.. those two years sure did go by fast!! ;) I hope he's ok & they're able to find out what's wrong.. Has he had seizures previously? And I'm glad he got at least one baptism under his belt before having to come home!

Starley Family said...

Oh no. Sorry that Christian's seizures came back. That's so scary. I bet your mom is secretly relieved he's close by even though we all want to support him in the mission field. I think I am going to have a hard time letting my kids grow up...

Stacie said...

Oh WOW! I am so glad that you have a blog! Since I live so far, I don't hear what is going on! That is CRAZY! I hope that they find out what is wrong with him, so that he can go back out!