Monday, March 9, 2009

Disneyland

Dave's sweet Mom and Dad flew the whole family over to Disneyland for a family trip. It was a lot of fun, and many firsts for my kids. First plane ride (which they all did really well on), first time to Disneyland, and first trip with Lexi.

A little over a month ago, the kids and I made countdown to Disneyland calendars. The kids were so excited to take off that last link!



On the airplane
















We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which was a lot of fun because the characters were walking all around. The kids loved getting off of the elevator and seeing Goofy, Pluto, Alice in Wonderland, etc. We bought them autograph books so they could get all of the Characters signatures. The first evening, we all went to the Princess Dinner. All of the little girls loved this. They got to visit and get pictures with Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, and Princess Aurora. But I think Dave's brother Marc like the Princess dinner best of all :)

We also ate breakfast with Minnie and friends and in Goofy's kitchen, and we ate dinner at the Pirate's of the Carribean. We got a ton of pictures with all of the characters, and the kids loved meeting them.




















Mckell's favorite ride was the teacups and Hunter loved Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror.


Even Lexi went on most of the rides. She didn't cry on a single one :) I think it is because she was mesmorized by all the lights and music.


But I think one of the all time favorites of this trip was the Jedi training. Both Hunter and Mckell were selected to participate in the training. Hunter got to fight Darth Maul, and Mckell fought Darth Vadar and Darth Maul (I don't know how she got to fight them both, because all the other kids just fought one of them. I can only guess that Mckell just went and got in both lines :)













It is a good thing Mckell did her Jedi training before she went in the Haunted Mansion. She said that she used the force to keep the ghosts away.

I had my 30th birthday the last day we were in Disneyland. When I woke up that morning, I felt old :( Every bone in my body ached and I could barely walk (but that was probably from all the walking we'd done the previous days)
We had a blast in Disneyland!!!! Thanks Jerry and Darinda for a great family trip.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

How Fun! I love Disneyland and have got the itch to go, but will just have to wait. What fun times!
Last time we went Jaydan and Braxton got their pictures with Belle too. :)

Trichelle said...

What a fun time! Disneyland really is one of the happiest places on earth. I would love to go again! The pics are so cute!!