Friday, October 17, 2008

While The Cats Away The Mice Will Play

Dave went up to Idaho last weekend for the deer hunt. Ususally when he goes out for a hunt the kids and I do something fun like go bowling, go to a pizza place, or go see a movie. However since I didn't think Lexi was up for any of those things, we painted pumpkins instead.


Mckell painted her pumpkin (the one on the left) to look like Hunter. Looks just like him don't you think :)



Hunter painted a spiderman pumpkin. One side he has a red spiderman and the other side is a orange spiderman (he swears that there is such a thing as an orange spiderman).



Scary!


As you can see, the weather wasn't the best to hunt in. Dave said that it was freezing and they didn't see any deer when the storm hit because of the snow and the fog. He walked about 16 miles in this weather, and said that he had a good time. I don't know about you, but this doesn't even look fun to me. I guess that's the reason I don't hunt.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

cute pumpkins! Good job kids.

i'm h.mac said...

you are the best mom, i think i would lay on the couch if scott left me for the weekend. i am glad dave had such a great time, you are a great hunting wife!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie.. I love your blog.. hope you dont mind that I took a peek! How is life... your family is so adorable!! Its been a while.. just wanted to say hello! Hope all is well...the kids are so cute..and I agree with h.mac..you are a great hunting wife!!

The Ballard's said...

Cute pumpkins. That one is a dead ringer for Hunter. Does he have morning or afternoon kindergarten? Jake is going to loose it if he doesn't come over soon.

Trisha said...

Natalie, I still can't believe Hunter is that age. I guess at the time I watched him Sara seemed so much older. My Tyler likes to watch home videos and we have one when we were watching Hunter. Time flies!! Cassie told me that you just had another baby. Congratulations!