Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lexi's First Pictures

I received a letter in the mail from my pediatrician congratulating us on Lexi right after she was born. On the congratulations card, it had several adorable pictures of newborn babies. They were so cute that I contacted the photographer to get Lexi's newborn pictures taken. So at 2 1/2 weeks old, Lexi was getting her first perfessional photographs taken.

The minute we got to the photo shoot, I was reminded why Mckell did not get any newborn pictures taken. You see, when Hunter was 2 weeks old I took him to get his pictures taken and he cried, no screamed, the entire time. There was not one good shot of him so I swore that I wouldn't go through that again. Well I'd forgotten about that whole incident (must have been a pregnant thing), but Lexi quickly reminded me. She cried the minute we started taking pictures. The binki was not satisfying her, so I had to feed her, even though she just had eaten before we left. It seemed as though she ate for an eternity (could have been because we had a photographer waiting for us), finally she was ready. She did pretty good for a few poses, then started crying again. Oh My Gosh! I was already so embarrassed. I was holding her, trying to calm her down, and what does she do? She pees all over me. I was holding her trying to catch everything so that it wouldn't get on any of the photographers things. So I was standing there sopping wet and even more embarrassed. Honestly, I'm surprised any of the pictures turned out cute, but they did. Here are a few:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are such a good mom.. I never even thought about pictures at two weeks.. they are so precious! I love them! Great story...I am positive the photographer was use to pee on her things..lol..what else do the expect! They are so cute...love the foot picture..

i'm h.mac said...

i love them natalie!

but the pee, oh that's too much..

Paige M. said...

Oh, what a cute little girl!

The Ballard's said...

The pictures are amazing. I know the feeling. She definitely looks like your kids. Beautiful!

Marc and Shay said...

I love the pictures! She's so cute!

PatriotPundit said...

They are really nice, but where is the picture of Daves new bike?

Dawn said...

very precious pictures Natalie. I really liked them. Thanks for sharing!

Trichelle said...

too sweet. worth all the stress. they are awesome!