Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Newest Member Of Our Family

Lexi was born on Thursday, September 18 at 8:18 a.m. She was 5 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. We named her Alexis Ropelato, but as you guessed we will call her Lexi.
We were planning on having Lexi on Sunday the 21st, so we were totally suprised when I went into labor (especially since I've never gone into labor before). At about 3:30 Thursday morning Mckell came upstairs to our room wide awake talking about the baby. I had been having stomach pains for quite some time and just thought that something I'd had eaten wasn't agreeing with me. The thought that I was having contractions never crossed my mind. Well Mckell was wide awake and being a chatter box which was not letting Dave go back to sleep, so I mentioned that my stomache was really killing me (just wanting a little sympathy from him), and he asked if I thought they were contractions. I really didn't have a clue what contractions were supposed to feel like, since with Hunter and Mckell I was so lucky not to have them, so Dave (being the computer guy that he is) went online and looked up contractions. After reading a lot and going through several different signs of contractions, we decided that I was probably having them and should go up to the hospital. It's a good thing Mckell woke up or I would have laid in bed for who knows how long waiting for my stomache pains to pass.




Mckell absolutely loves her little sister. At the hospital she kept telling the nurses that they couldn't take "her" baby. The trick for us at home has been keeping Mckell off of Lexi. Mckell is constantly hugging, kissing, and tounching Lexi. It doesn't matter if she is sleeping, eating, or being held by someone else, Mckell will not leave her alone.








You'd think Dave was the one who just gave birth!

Lexi's first visitors. Yes, they all ended up getting kicked out of the recovery room.

Lexi's head was smaller than Dave's fist. She's just a little sweetie.

7 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Yes, Yes he is. I didn't even know you had a blog. AWESOME. Can I link you?

The Ballard's said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I hope things are going well. Today we went to a baby blessing and when we were walking in to the church, Gretchen asked if this church had a "Kell"

i'm h.mac said...

yay natalie! welcome to the cyberhood! and cute blog too

Marc and Shay said...

Congratulations Natalie! Lexi is darling! I am glad that you found me in the blogger world, it will be nice to keep tabs on your family that way. Especially since we rarely see each other anymore. I hope that everything is going well with you guys, and I look forward to checking your blog!

Starley Family said...

Cute pictures! Lex is so sweet. Can't wait to live closer, 9 months to go...

Dawn said...

Well I'm glad you were inspired from my blog. I love keeping up with family even if it is through a blog. Lexi is so cute, I need to get up and see her.

Candice said...

Hi Natalie! I just saw your comment on our blog and went to see yours. I am so excited for your new arrival! I didn't even know you were expecting your little girl. She and Olivia are exactly 6 months apart to the day! I hope you are getting some rest. Love ya,
Candice