Wednesday, December 26, 2012

~Christmas Day~

So we put the kids to bed at 10:00 on Christmas Eve,  Dave and I told them they were not to come out of Lexi's bedroom until 6:00 in the morning, then we'd see what Santa brought us for Christmas.  Well about 12:00, I heard Lexi crying.  I quickly ran upstairs to see what the problem was because I didn't want her waking up the other two.  I knew Santa was starting to get things ready and I didn't want the others to be up to see him.  When I got up to her room, I found Mckell standing up squealing that Santa was here.  I immediately told her that no he had not been here yet.  She insisted that she saw some oranges that he left and that he was here.  He did start putting out things but had not brought out the gifts yet.  We figured that I had scared him off when I ran up to see why Lexi was crying (she was crying because Mckell woke her up to tell her Santa was there). I told Mckell that she'd better go back to bed so Santa could come back and leave the rest of the gifts.  She did. However, Dave had to go upstairs and be the guard while Santa put out all the gifts.  He did catch the kids trying to sneak out of the room a few times.  When the gifts were finally all out, Dave and I said goodnight to Santa and went to bed.  As we started to doze off we heard pitter patter.  Dave jumped out of bed and ran upstairs.  It was 2:15 in the morning, the kids were all wide awake.  They begged me if they could go see what Santa had brought them.  I told them no, we'd wait until morning.  They were not going back to sleep and at about 2:30 Dave and I decided to let them see what they got so we could go to sleep.  Otherwise it would be a long night for us, lol.
Santa brought Mckell a Karioke machine, a Taylor Swift cd, a picture, lamp, flowers, etc for her new room, movies, art supplies, and a coat.
Hunter got some video games, clothes, a model car kit, movies, and a basketball shooting game.

Lexi got a Barbie house, a new Barbie, a coat, movies, and socks.
Santa brought Garrett a crib toy, cars, a toy remote, baby food, and clothes.

So after we saw what we got, Dave, Garrett, and I went to bed while the other 3 played with their new toys.  I was mean and made them wait until morning to open the gifts under the tree.  It was just clothes so I didn't think they'd be too upset by having to wait.
We had visits from Grandma and Grandpa Ropelato, Marc and Randee and Zoee, and Grandma and Grandpa Wangsgard and Christian.  Dave made everyone omlets, bacon, and French toast for breakfast.  He can be quite the cook.  Later that afternoon we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Wangsgard's house to exchange gifts there.
Hunter loves Michael Jordan!
Garrett and Paisley
I love my boys!
Lexi has loved having Paisley up to play with.  She is going to hate it when she heads back home to Kentucky.

My cute girls!
 We had a GREAT Christmas!

No comments: