Monday, July 25, 2011

~Hunter in New York~

So last Wednesday, at about 6:30 in the morning I got a call from Darinda asking if Hunter could go to New York with her in a few hours. Darinda was flying out there to meet up with Jerry and I know she wasn't very excited about going alone. It was probably a good thing she called so short notice because I didn't have a whole lot of time to really think about it. Hunter has NEVER been anywhere far without either me or Dave with him. I told Darinda yes and a few hours later Hunter was off to visit New York. A few hours after he had gone, I was really missing him. I think it was more me who was not ready for Hunter to go on vacation without me, than it was him :). He was so excited to go and to get to spend some time with Dave (who was still out there for work after 3 weeks). Hunter lucked out and got to ride first class to and from New York. He thought that was great!After arriving in New York, they met up with Dave and Jerry for dinner. Hunter's favorite place to eat in New York was the Hot dog stands on every corner :)

Then they headed up to the Toys R Us in Times Square. Hunter was in toy heaven, and Grandma spoiled him with Legos.
The next day Hunter and Darinda headed to the Harry Potter exhibit. Hunter LOVED seeing all of the things that they used in the Harry Potter movies. And Darinda couldn't resist taking a picture of Hunter in a chair in Hagrid's house, even though photography was not aloud, hahaha. She almost got kicked out for doing it :)

After the exhibit and some shopping, they headed back to the hotel to get out of the heat. New York had record breaking heat while they were there. I think it got up to 103 degrees but with the humidity it felt like 116 degrees. Hunter and Darinda said they were melting. That evening they met up with Jerry and Dave for a company party. Hunter didn't think the party was very fun, so he and Dave didn't stay long. They headed back to the hotel for room service and a movie :)The next day they headed up to Central Park to look around. They didn't stay long though because it was so hot. They also went to more toy stores, then that evening hit a Yankee's game. I think Hunter was spoiled on this trip :)
Hunter had a fun time in New York with his Grandma and Grandpa. I think it was good for him to get some one on one time with them. They spoiled him rotten :) He is not going to like coming back to reality where I make him work for the toys he gets, hahaha.

2 comments:

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Oh, how fun for Hunter! It is good for grandparents to get to spoil them once in a while!!!

Natalie said...

How awesome for him! I'm sure that's something he'll always remember!