Saturday, November 27, 2010

~11 Years Ago~

On the night before Thanksgiving, 11 years ago, Dave and I went on our first date. About a month prior to our first date, Dave and his girlfriend at the time, set one of my good friends up with one of Dave's old mission companions. They hit it off and started dating. Well over that month, Dave and his girlfriend of 4 1/2 years broke up so Harmony and Jared set Dave and I up. I was a little weary about it at first. Dave and I went to the same high school (he was a year older than me), we didn't know each other but I'd heard of him and knew some of his friends. I knew he was a jock and was a little worried that he would be really cocky and into himself. But he wasn't at all and I'm so glad that I went (obviously).

We headed down to South Salt Lake to meet up with Jared. We ate at TGIFridays, where Dave told them it was my birthday (which it wasn't). Everytime a waiter or waitress walked by, they tied a helium balloon into my hair (I'm sure I looked really cute, lol). My hair was going in all different directions, then they made be a HUGE crown out of balloons and put that on my head and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a very memorable dinner, lol.

After dinner, we headed to Jordon Commons to see a movie. We saw Bone Collector, which is not a funny movie at all, but Dave and I laughed through the entire thing. It was such a fun night, and Dave and I hit it off right away.

I can't believe it has been 11 years since that day. We both feel just as young as we were back then, but looking back at the pictures of us, we look like babies.
Now this isn't a picture of our first date, but it was a picture of us a few weeks later. After the first date, we were inseperable. Happy 11 years of being together! I love you!!!

1 comment: