Monday, February 8, 2010

~Superbowl Sunday~

The superbowl is a great excuse to get together as a family and eat a lot of food :) We had my mom and dad, brother Richard and Cassie, and Dave's brother Marc over. Mckell was so excited for the party. Although, I don't think she understood that everyone was there to watch a football game, because she kept asking me when we could play games :) She even got her princess matching game out and set it all up for when everyone was ready to play. She wasn't very happy when Lexi started picking them up and putting the cards back into the box.


Lexi's favorite person tonight was Marc. She sat with him most of the night.
Mckell cracks me up. Everytime I would try to take a picture of anyone, she would jump infront of the camera and strike a pose. She loves the camera. LOL
I have to tell a funny story about her. Over the past several months she has been asking me when it would be her turn to give a talk at church? I kept telling her that she would get her turn soon, just to be patient. Well, a couple of weeks ago she couldn't wait anymore, and begged me to ask if she could give a talk. (I really don't know whose child she is, because Dave and I would NEVER ask to give a talk, lol) Well, I asked and she was assigned a talk the next Sunday. She was sooo excited, however, she didn't like that I was trying to help her with her talk. As I would come up with ideas for her to say she would tell me, "Mom I want to teach the children something they don't already know". I asked her, "Like what?" She then told me she was going to give her own talk. She began to tell me what she'd like to tell the children at primary. She said, "Dear children, Jesus died. But then he tricked us and he came back to life. The end." LOL. I guess I need to teach her a little better about Jesus's resurrection :) After a lot of discussion :) we together came up with a talk that fit the topic she was given. I was very proud of her, she did a great job. She really liked sitting up at the front of the room and even gave me the thumbs up before she got up to give her talk. She cracks me up :)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

she is a cutie. that made me laugh.

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

That is sooooo cute!!! She will definitely keep you busy with all of her friends, she is so outgoing! What a cutie!