Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~Family Night Skiing~

Hunter and Mckell have been asking all winter when we were going to go skiing. We figured, with the snow melting like crazy lately, we'd better do it quick before it was too late. So for family night we took the kids up to Wolf Mountain to go night skiing. Hunter had been skiing once before last year, Mckell had never been. I was a little nervous, because I'm not the best skier (I think I've been skiing 5 times in my life). So I knew Dave was going to have a lot on his hands. He was going to have to help both kids, lol. But to my surprise the kids did really well. We started off on the little training hill, it took a couple of times for the kids to get used to it, but Hunter was able to slow himself down when he got going to fast, and he could even stop buy himself. He was doing so good that he tried to go of a jump that they had there. He was having a blast! Mckell was a little pro. She took right to it, and had no fear. She could turn when she wanted to change directions and she could slow herself down too. The kids were doing so good that we even took them on the lift to the bunny hill. Mckell was skiing with Dave and Hunter was skiing with me. Hunter wanted to go fast and didn't like that I was trying to slow him down. We were holding hands and he kept trying to shake me off so he could go faster. He is a little dare devil, lol. He and Dave ended up going down the bunny hill 2 more times after that.
Going up the conveyor belt.

We took a break for dinner and hot cocoa. However, the kids didn't hardly drink their hot cocoa because they couldn't wait to get back out to ski. They were a little disappointed, when we were getting ready to leave, that the snack bar had already closed because they wanted to go and get more hot cocoa. It was REALLY good hot cocoa.

I LOVE spending time with my cute little family!!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

what fun! you have brave little kids. :)