Monday, October 26, 2009

~The Deer Hunt~

So this years deer hunt was not at all what Dave had in mind. The weekend the deer hunt opened Dave had to speak in sacrament meeting as part of his High Councilman assignment. He was planning on going out sometime during the week, but then was asked to speak in the Saturday Priesthood session of Stake Conference, so he was preoccupied with writing a talk. But as soon as his talk was over, he had decided that he was going to go hunt for the afternoon. Hunter really wanted to invite his friend Easton, so Easton and his dad went too. They had a lot of fun riding 4 wheelers and playing around in the mountains, but Dave was unsuccessful on getting a deer (I think this is the 1st year ever that Dave hasn't brought anything home). I kept teasing him all week that he was growing up because he blew of the hunts this year to give 2 talks in church. Who would have thought that would ever happen :)This is the "tree" that Hunter and Easton knocked down. Hunter said is was easy because they were so strong :)

Playing in the trees

Since the boys were out having fun, Heidi (Easton's mom) and I decided that we'd have a girls night. We went out to eat, and then went bowling at Fat Cats. It was a lot of fun! I loved watching Ella and Mckell dancing to the music while bowling, and I won the game (barely). Grayce would have won, but surprisingly I got a strike and then a spare the very last round (who'd have thought because I was losing the entire game :)

3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

If I had another baby, you could bring me a deer roast again:) Should we go visiting teaching now that my family is not sick? I will call you.

Dawn said...

wow, I'm impressed. Tell Angela hi when you go visiting teaching. I love that girl! I just posted about visiting teaching. Just waiting for mine to come to take their picture. :)

i'm h.mac said...

we had a fun weekend! thanks again!