Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Why Are Moms Always So Mean To Their Kids?"

This is the question Hunter asked me the other night at dinner. I had made enchiladas, and I thought they were pretty good, so did Dave and Mckell. But Hunter thought they were the worst things in the world. I guess I am really mean, because I told him he had to eat at least 6 bites. (Trichelle, I knew he wasn't allergic to anything in them first cuz the whole time he was throwing his fit I thought of you and Ivy and the peas) It first started off with him moping, then to him being the only one left at the dinner table because he hadn't taken not one bite, then to him asking me to help him eat it by feeding it to him while his eyes were shut, then to him falling to the floor acting like he was going to die, to me getting mad at him for being so dramatic, to him crying asking me why moms are always so mean to their kids, to me starting to laugh because he was being soooo dramatic, so of course I had to get the camera out to document it (one day he'll look back and laugh about this). It took a while, but he did eat 6 bites and guess what! He is still alive :)
This is Hunter after he took the first bite. On the floor acting like he was going to die.

This is me trying to "help" Hunter eat his enchilada. He asked me to help him, then he tried running away from me everytime I tried to feed it to him. This is him trying to back down the stairs as I was coming to him.

He Did It!!!! He ate 6 bites of my "yummy" enchiladas. I just "love" dinnertime with a picky child.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

that's so funny! I still get those reactions at dinner time some times. :) I"m glad you stayed firm. Good Job! My mom told us once we either ate it or wore it. My brother didn't believe her and he got oatmeal all over his head. It never happened again after that.