Saturday, July 11, 2009

~Wangsgard Family Reunion~

We just attended the annual Wangsgard family reunion. They are always held up at Wangsgaard Memorial Park up in Huntsville. It is a fun park because they have 4 old historical houses that are furnished with things that the pioneers used. There are old beds, an old sewing machine, outhouses, an old washbasin, etc. The kids had fun seeing how the pioneers lived in a 1 room house and that 1 room was the living room, kitchen, and bedroom. They were also shocked that the bathroom was outside the house. It really makes you appreciate your house, with an indoor bathroom, plumbing, several bedrooms, a kitchen with a fridge, stove and sink, and all that we take for granted.

This year my side of the family was in charge of all the activities. My uncles did a great job with the games. The kids had a blast!
Here are the kids in the relay race. They must get there form from their dad:) I wish I looked that good running, but Dave says I run like a girl. lol


Here are the kids in the sack race.

Here we are getting ready to do the egg toss. Hunter had his egg break on his shoulder, and his egg dripped down the front and back of him. Hunter didn't know how to take that, he was fighting back tears. But after we washed him up he was fine :)



Lexi is sooo determined to eat big people food. We had some chip dip out and the next thing I know Lexi is up to her elbows in it. She is just getting so quick.

In this relay, the kids had to be the quickest at nailing a nail into the board. This relay had me a little nervous at first, but no one got hurt. :)

Even Dave joined in on the fun!


Lexi had a good time too, but I think her favorite thing was playing with the dogs.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

how fun. Lexi reminds me of stacie in a few of those pictures. I'm glad you guys are having a fun, filled summer.

Haystack Farm said...

Great, now I feel guilty for not coming. My mom said it was a lot of fun. Maybe next year, but I'm not sure how I feel about the egg toss.

Laney