Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Trip to Salt Lake

A couple of months ago Hunter and I were talking about the family vacations that we have been on. I asked Hunter what his favorite family trip was, and his reply was "Salt Lake City" What??? I forsure thought it would have been Disneyland, but it was Salt Lake City. A couple of years ago we have made it a tradition to go down to Salt Lake in the early evening, ride tracks "the train"around downtown, go to Gateway and play in the water fountain, then go and eat dinner (which has always been to McDonalds). The kids love this, and have been asking all summer when we were going to go. Our kids are very easy to please :)
We decided this year to shake things up a bit, and instead of eating at McDonalds, we would try somewhere different. We decided to take the kids to eat at the Mayan. It was my first time there too, so I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids. As we were walking in, Hunter kept saying "I think we are at the Indiana Jones ride". The atmosphere really made it seem like it.:)

On our way out Hunter spotted the "Ghostbustermobile". He is big into Ghostbusters right now, so he thought this was the coolest thing ever. He informed us that now he knew Ghostbusters were real, because he's seen their car.
After dinner, we headed to tracks "the train" and then to Gateway. The kids had a lot of fun running through the water. This year both of them were fearless. They stood right ontop of the water spouts hoping to get wet.
At Gateway, we were sitting next to a little family from Spain. They were speaking Spanish to each other and Hunter thought this was great. Dave tried talking to them a little, so Hunter asked Dave if he would start teaching him Spanish everyday. Hunter also said that he can't wait until he can go on a mission so he can learn Spanish.:)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

what a fun tradition. :)

Muir Family said...

Sounds fun...you don't have to go far to keep your kids happy. I still remember this great vacation my family took when I was a kid, it was to "Provo".

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

I haven't kept up on reading blogs for a while and it was so fun to read through all of yours!!! I read some to Rexton and he was laughing so hard (especially the enchilada episode)!!! I am so glad you are feeling better!!!

Trichelle said...

that is so much fun!! Ivy just loves the fountain and keeps asking when we can go again. I need to remember about it when i'm trying to think of something to do, because it's such an easy activity, yet the kids simply LOVE it!!