Friday, February 13, 2009

We've got an Author!

The other day Hunter came home from school and told me that he wanted to write a story to share with his class. I was shoked! I asked him what his story would be about, and he already knew what exactly he wanted it to say, so we got started. His book was about a boy named Mikey going ice fishing with his dad. As we were writing his story, it hit me at how grown up he is getting. He was sounding out the words by himself to know how to spell them, his pictures were good and detailed, and when it was done he read it back to me ;) I am so proud of him!
Mikey and his Dad Go Ice Fishing
by Hunter

Mikey wanted to go fishing.
Then his dad said yes.
Then they were driving and it took hours.
Then they were there ice fishing.
And then Mikey's chair broke through the ice.
Then the Dad came in to save him and they were stuck down in the ocean til the summer.
Then his Dad carried Mikey out of the ocean.
Then they got in their car and got home and they were freezing.
(I thought this was pretty good for a Kindergartner)

I think Hunter used his recent ice fishing trip with Dave, his Grandpa Wangsgard, and his uncle Christian as inspiration for his book :)

4 comments:

Trichelle said...

how cute! that is an incredible story for such a young kiddo to write. he's a cutie

Starley Family said...

I love it!!! What a fun story! I am sure that could be an award winner someday...

Anonymous said...

Parker goes to Pioneer but next year he will be going to Green Acres.. Green Acres is in my backyard.. its awesome...we live in the last left cul-de-sac off of 1900 north. we love it. I do admit that I cant STAND boxes.. so with the help of my parents.. I was unpacked and pictures hung the very next day after the move. lol. what can I say!!! Your little author is adorable! I love it!

Dawn said...

That was awesome! Good Job Hunter! I love watching kids grow, they are just so smart.