Sunday, May 20, 2012

~Hunter's Piano Recidal~

I was sooo sad that I missed Hunter's piano recidal.  However, I think being at the hospital with Garrett was a good excuse :).  Hunter played Forest Drums and 500 year old Melody by Faber for his 2 pieces.  He did really well.  He did mess up in one spot, but no one knew it, except maybe his piano teacher.  He didn't stop he just kept on going and then repeated the part that he messed up on, and no one had a clue :)  That's my boy!
Hunter is such a good piano player.  He does complain at times about practicing, and keeps telling me that as soon as summer hits, he is done taking piano.  But I know he doesn't really mean it.  He does enjoy playing the piano, even if he will not admit it.  I have found that if I don't nag at him to practice, he will, on his own, go over to the piano and play all his songs.  He even enjoys teaching Mckell how to play some of his pieces.  He is such a good piano player, and I love listening to him play.

Hunter at the recidal with the some of the other students and their teacher, Ellen Haddock.

No comments: