Friday, March 18, 2011

~What Mother's Won't Do For Their Kids~

Even though basketball is over for the season, Hunter begs to go play at the church everyday. Well since Dave was out of town, I thought I'd be a nice mother and take him over to shoot baskets. He asked if a friend could come along, so we called Ethan. Well the boys were shooting hoops for a while, then decided they wanted to play lightning. Well you can't play lightning with only 2 people, so they asked if I'd play with them. Being the nice mother that I am :), I joined in not even thinking about the fact that I was in heels. Well, it didn't take long for me to realize that me playing in heels wasn't a good idea. The first ball that I went to run after, I ended up buckling my ankle and going down hard. I wanted to cry, but didn't because Ethan was there. I wanted to swear, but didn't because I was in the church. I couldn't move, it hurt so bad. Me falling didn't even phase Hunter. He just kept on playing, dribbling around me. After a few minutes I heard Ethan ask him, "Hunter, is your mom Ok?" At least someone was concerned about me, lol. I got up and hopped over to the stage where I sat for an hour. I really wanted to go home and take some Advil and put ice on my ankle, but I felt bad because we had just gotten there and I knew how bad the boys wanted to play. Also, I really didn't know how I was going to make it to the car. After I could take all the pain I could handle, I told the boys it was time to leave. I hopped and slid down the stairs to the car. The next day I went to the doctor to see if it was broken, because I still couldn't walk on it. They said I'd just sprained it really bad, and told me to NEVER again play basketball in high heels. Ya, I think I've learned that lesson :).

No comments: