Monday, December 28, 2009

~Merry Christmas~

Well Santa definetly didn't skimp at our house this year :) The kids got everything that they wanted. On Christmas Eve, Hunter kept telling us that he was going to wake up at 6:30. Well 6:30 came and went, at about 7:15 we heard Hunter yelling "A new DS! Wow! Lego Indiana Jones!" In our house it is a rule that the kids come to get Dave and me first before looking at any of their presents, so that the whole family could go in to see what Santa brought together. Well Hunter must have forgot, because Mckell was still down in bed and he was the only one looking to see what Santa had brought :) So I started yelling from our bedroom, "Hunter, don't look! Go get your sister!" So he ran down, woke her up, and we all met back up in the living room.

Hunter got just what he asked for. A new DSi, 2 DS games, a huge Lego Indiana Jones Lego set, some movies, GI Joe action figures, and Snow Clothes (boots, gloves, pants, coat)

Mckell got a Swan Princess Castle, a Barbie doll, makeup (lip gloss) 2 DS games, movies, a new DS charger, snow clothes (boots, gloves, coat, pants), and a princess motor bike (battery operated). She loved all of her presents but was most excited about giving Lexi the present she had wrapped for her ( 3 of my old dolls) That is what is in the pink bag, Mckell wanted Lexi to open it before Mckell really started looking through what Santa had brought for her. She is so sweet!!!
When Dave took Mckell outside to ride her new Princess motor bike, she insited that she needed to where a helmet. That's my Girl!

Lexi got a Leapfrog Learning table, a stroller, and a baby doll, and snow clothes (gloves, a hat, coat, and pants). She absolutely loved her baby doll and stroller, but I think she liked Mckell's princess motorbike more :)
Lexi cried whenever we tried to take her off. :)
Dave spoiled me, as always :) I got a new IPhone, good snow boots, clothes, and a framed family picture to go above the mantle. Dave got a range finder for hunting, a hair cutting kit, movies, clothes, and a computer game.
Both sets of grandparents came to visit in the morning to see what the kids had gotten. Grandma and Grandpa Ropelato brought their gifts to all of us for us to open.

For lunch we went to my mom and dads to exchange gifts and talk to my brother Christian who is on a mission.

I don't know what Dave's deal was, but everytime I took a picutre of him today, he would pull a funny face ??????

After visiting with my side of the family, we went up to Dave's mom and dad's to exchange gifts and have dinner.


I love Christmas, even though it is EXHAUSTING. I love getting together with family and visiting. I love the excitement with kids on Christmas morning. I love the decorations, movies, and music. And most of all I love the giving. This is the second year our family has adopted, for Christmas, a child at the child abuse prevention center. We have provided all of Christmas for that particular child. On Christmas morning, I couldn't help but think of the little girl we provided Christmas for this year. I hoped that she was having as great of Christmas as we were. I hope that we helped bring a little bit of happiness to her on Christmas morning. After all, she will not be celebrating with her family, she will not be waking up in her own home, and she will not be opening gifts with her brothers/sisters, aunts/uncles, cousins, grandmas/grandpas. It makes me so grateful for the family that I have, for the home that we live in, and for love that we share. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Erin Ropelato said...

Dave- the hair cutting kits must have been a hot item this year! I was just excited Erin thought I still had enough hair to cut or maybe I need to buy her a pair of glasses for her birthday next week!
We're glad you had a Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Scott and Erin