Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Attempt at a Christmas Card

So I have been pushing Dave for the last 2 weeks to take a family Christmas card picture. He totally hates doing this, but I insisted. So the other night we got all ready and took several pictures, of which were not turning out so cute. By the end of the night, I was yelling at everyone. Hunter for not keeping his hands down (he wanted to do a thumbs up, rabbit ears to Dave, or something silly), Mckell either wasn't looking at the camera or she was smiling goofy, and Dave wasn't making sure Lexi's head was turned in the direction of the camera (I'm not sure he could have done much about that, after all how cooperative is a 3 month old, but I was getting frustrated so I yelled at him too :) I also was complaining that in a lot of the pictures I felt I looked fat (still haven't lost the baby weight). I was so frusterated! Finally, Dave said we were done. I'm still trying to convince myself that not sending out a Christmas card this year isn't the end of the world. Dave thinks I'm silly, but with each cute Christmas card I get, I think "Oh maybe we should try taking a picture again" Dave isn't going for it.

4 comments:

Becky and Jeff said...

Hey, I still think your Christmas pictures are cute. I never could get my family to sit all together this year for even one picture. Just think how Lexi can laugh when she's older at the one with her crying. What fun to get three kids to sit still, have their hair brushed, nice clothes and a smile on...Thanks for telling me about the pictures from the Christmas party and hopefully we'll see you guys soon! Love, Becky

Dawn said...

just do it with one of the ones you took. You'll always remember this year and how crazy life can be at times. It's never perfect so your picture doesn't have to be either. Love you guys!

Trichelle said...

I feel the same way. We took some when my parents did theirs...I didn't much care for the ones of just my little family, so I too am skipping out on sending Christmas cards. I feel bad everytime I get one in the mail, also, but I figure too bad it just aint gonna happen this year. Hopefully next...However I think your pictures really did turn out cute though.

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

Those pictures are the best!!!!!