Sunday, December 21, 2008

Catching the Gingerbread Man

All year at school, Hunter's class have been trying to catch the Gingerbread Man. They have gotten letters from him from California, Seattle, and other places around the world. They had just read the book "The Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett, and found that to catch the Gingerbread Man you needed to make a Gingerbread House. So I went to Hunter's class and helped him make one. It was so much fun to see how creative all the kids were. The Gingerbread houses looked great! And guess what! They finally caught the Gingerbread Man :) I love that I'm am able to go and share in these kinds of experiences with my kids.
Hunter's Gingerbread looks so good! He was very proud of it, but he just couldn't wait for Dad to get home before he ate it. It was pretty much eaten by the time Dave saw it.:)

The kids started with an empty milk carton, they frosted one side of the graham cracker and stuck it to the milk carton. I thought that this was a very clever idea because I have made gingerbread houses with kids before when I taught school, and we had a heck of a time keeping them standing. With the milk carton, you didn't have crying kids because their house had collapsed.

1 comment:

~Angie~ said...

Hey Natalie.. I stumbled across your blog.. I hope you don't mind.. I'm totally addicted to finding people I know through the blogging world.. It's so nice to be able to catch up on peoples lives! Your family & kids are just way too cute!! We have a blog too.. not too much excitement, but you can check it out ryangiecurtis.blogspot.com...