Tuesday, April 17, 2012

~Happy Birthday to My Beautiful Mckell~

Wow! 7 years old! Kids grow way too fast! Mckell is such a sweet girl. She loves school, loves to draw and make things, and is such a big helper to me. She is always thinking about how she can make others happy. She is constantly asking me if I want her to give me a massage, she shares her treats with Hunter, she cleans up Hunters things so that he doesn't have to, she is always thinking about others feelings, and she plays so well with Lexi. Lexi absolutely adores her! I love that they are so close, which is how sisters are supposed to be.:) We love Mckell and wouldn't trade her for anything.

Mckell at 3 months old. She still has the cutest smile!
Mckell woke up first thing Sunday morning wanting to open her presents. I know it was torchure for her to wait until Dave got home from his church meetings to open them. She was such a good sport though.
Mckell with her new bike.
We celebrated Mckell's birthday the following day with the Wangsgard side of the family. I told Mckell that she coudl pick anyplace to go eat. She chose Rodizio Grill. Dave thought this was a GREAT idea! So Monday evening we all headed down to Salt Lake for dinner. Hunter wasn't very thrilled, he is my picky eater and remembered eating down there (or not eating in his case) for her 5th birthday. He kept trying to talk her out of it, but I know by the end of the night he was glad we went there to eat.

I think Hell may have frozen over, because when Lexi and I came back from the salad bar, Hunter (my picky eater) was eating. I almost fell over, lol. He was trying everything the waiters brought by our table. Toward the end of the night he even got brave and had Rattlesnake, Wild Boar, and even ate a chicken heart. He even liked them, lol. On the way home he kept commenting on how much fun he had eating at Rodizio Grill, and that he couldn't wait to go back. That made the cost of the bill totally worth it. Hunter actually ate and tried something new!!!! Yeah!!!! I know it was Mckell's birthday but we totally had to document Hunter eating, hahaha. It never happens :).
Hunter and Grandma eating Rattlesnake. Grandma didn't like it very much, but Hunter thought it was GREAT!
Hunter eating a Chicken Heart.
Mckell and Lexi were totally grossed out by the thought that Hunter could eat a Chicken heart, that they couldn't watch.
They came and sang a Brazillian birthday song to Mckell. That was a lot of fun. They had drums and everything. Lexi thought it was great!
Hunter and Mckell standing in the very spot that Karl Malone was standing (see picture behind them). Hunter wanted this picture taken (he is BIG into basketball right now). Happy Birthday Mckell! I hope it was a GREAT one!

1 comment:

i'm h.mac said...

happy birthday mckell! she is a favorite at our house. AND i am falling off my chair at all of the things hunter ate. maybe next time he is at my house i will give him sushi!!!!!