Saturday, April 16, 2011

~I've got to be Crazy!~

My kids are allowed to have a friend birthday party every other year. This year was Mckell's on year, and she knew it :) For the longest time, she has known exactly who she wanted to have at her birthday party. She had big plans for it. She wanted to invite all of her neighborhood friends, as well as, all the kids in her class. I tried to talk her out of that several times, but she insisted. She wanted everyone there. I told her with a group like that, the party would have to be at our house, as opposed to a fun center. So we invited a total of 30 kids to her birthday party. I know, I'm CRAZY! However, only 19 ended up coming. We had a lot of fun.We started the party by playing some fun games. Since Mckell's birthday is so close to Easter this year, we decided to go with an Easter theme. We played the "Bunny hop race" (sack race), "Crack the egg"(a pop the balloon relay), made Bunny ears, made an Easter basket, had an Easter egg hunt, and ate cake and ice cream while watching an Easter movie. It was a little chaotic, but a lot of fun. The time flew by, I had other games planned, but by the time the Easter egg hunt got over, it was already time for the kids to leave, so we bagged the rest of the games I had planned.
The kids had a blast jumping while we waited for everyone to show up.The sack race. This is some of the girls getting ready.
This was the "Crack the egg" game. The kids had to run down and pop the balloon any way they'd like. Some sat on it, some stomped it, Hunter even popped it on his face, lol. Mckell got all kinds of neat stuff. From barbies, to jewelry making sets, from giant frisbees, to dolls and pillow pets, from bags, to jump ropes, from moon dough, to lip gloss. She got loads of neat things!!! The kids enjoying their cupcakes and ice cream while watching an Easter show. I'm glad I had Dave, my mom, and Darinda there to help. Let the Easter Egg Hunt begin! The kids had candy filled eggs, capri suns, pencils, and tracer bookmarks to find. It was a fun party, but boy am I exhausted!!!:)

2 comments:

The Ballard's said...

Natalie, it looks like you were busy, but made a lot of happy little kids!! We have a gift for McKell. Gretchen has been so excited. Today, she had a bit of a panic attack & just kept crying. She wanted to come but was too nervous. Anyway, we will bring the gift over and hopefully McKell could just come play:) Thanks for always inviting her. Maybe one day she will actually get to one of Kell's parties:)

Justin said...

If my kids ever want parties, I think I'll just schedule it at your house. How much?