Sunday, January 9, 2011

~My baby is baptized~

Hunter was baptised on January 8, 2011. It feels like just yesterday Dave and I were up at Mckay Dee holding this sweet little boy for the first time. I am so proud of what a good young man Hunter is. He is kind to everyone, is such a great helper, and he is such a good example to his sisters. I couldn't be a prouder mother!

Hunter has been sooo excited for his baptism day. All week long he has let me know how many more days until his baptism, then on his baptism day he was constantly asking "how much longer?" and "how many more hours?" He was sooo excited. He had a very nice baptism, he had lots of family and friends there to support him.



Hunter had a pillowcase dislpayed for everyone to sign, so that he can remember who was all at his baptism. He LOVED reading the comments later that night.
Hunter with his Great Grandpa Ropelato
We started off in the Relief Society room, but quickly ran out of room, so we had to move to the chapel :) When I asked Hunter what he would remember about his baptism day, that was one of the things. He also said he would always remember that this day was FUN!!!

Afterwards we had luncheon which constisted of Hunter's favorite, Little Caesar's pizza. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family, and such great friends.


Mckell was a little teary eyed that evening when we got home, as Hunter was going through what people had given him and as we talked about his special day. She came to me and said, "Mom I can't wait until I am baptised". That made my heart smile, and reinforced to Hunter that he was being a good example to his sisters.
This is where the special day took place, our church building :)

No comments: