Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~Hunter's First Day of School~


Today was Hunter's first day in 2nd grade, and he wasn't there. He woke up early this morning and felt fine. As we started getting ready for school, Hunter started complaining that his throat hurt and that he was freezing cold. I felt his forehead and he was burning up. Now I hate to admit that I thought "I'll just give him some Motrin and send him to school anyway". I mean, it is the first day of school, and you can't miss that, right. Well as the morning went on Hunter just looked worse and worse. I knew he was really sick when he said he didn't want to go up the street to have the Back to School Breakfast with all the nieghbor kids. I decided we'd skip school and head to the doctors office instead.
By the time we got to the doctor's office the Motrin had kicked in, so Hunter didn't really have a fever anymore and his throat wasn't really hurting. The nurses kind of teased that he was faking so he didn't have to go to school. I knew he wasn't, but I was starting to feel really dumb for bringing him in. Well, they did a strep test and it came back positive. I am so glad I didn't send him to school. So, needless to say, the first day of school will be spent laying on the couch watching movies :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

that's too bad. I bet Hunter was sad too. the first day is usually so exciting!